This service is offered mainly to companies that generate large amounts of industrial waste in the form of liquid, solid or sludge.
The hazardous residual materials (HRM) accumulated in ponds, reservoirs and other customer storage areas are recovered using vacuum or "roll-off" watertight container trucks, either as part of a comprehensive management contract or an agreement limited exclusively to their treatment.
Service features of CRI Environnement Inc.:
An experienced and dedicated team in the field of HRM management, whose members are able to offer their customers solutions tailored to their needs.
A laboratory fully accredited by the Quebec Ministry of Environment , operating under the criteria of IS0 17025. Chemists and technicians who work using recognized analytical methods to evaluate HRM's received and stored
Privileged access to a network for the collection and transportation of industrial wastes using vacuum trucks, tanker trucks and leakproof closed box tankers of the "roll-off" type. Moreover, a rail link connects our facilities to various railway lines in North America.
A large network of safe recovery sites, for the valorization and disposal of HRM, all done in strict compliance with the applicable regulations.
Steps representing the management of HRM in bulk:
- Obtaining a sample or a material data sheet of the product.
- Analysis and identification of the product by the analytical service of CRI Environnement.
- Determination of a specific code and a management cost corresponding to the nature of the residue.
- Transportation of the residue to our facilities in Coteau-du-Lac.
- Analysis and comparison of parameters with the original sample
- Acceptance of the product if the parameters match.
- Weighing of the HRM in bulk.
- Unloading of product and preparation of a reception report.
- Storage of residues in a tank or a storage area for products of the same nature.
- Shipping of consolidated material to secure treatment, recovery or disposal sites..
A transfer center with a capacity of 3600 tons of HRM in bulk, including 21 tanks with a total capacity of 2,882,000 liters, arranged on a platform surrounded by a fluid retention wall in case of a spill. These tanks, dedicated to different types of products, are equipped with control systems for leaks and level detection. All electrical installations of the center are Class 1, Division 2, which eliminate any possibility of explosion. The ventilation system also ensures four air changes per hour. In case of fire, high-speed sprinkler systems are activated, providing water spray on stored products at height and foam on flammable products.
An expertise capable of ensuring optimal management of certain residues by making use of their calorific value through enrichment or reuse as a combustible product. Identifying new sites for treatment or disposal to obtain the best value for customers and conducting declassifying analysis of certain residues in order to reduce the costs of management.