Household Hazardous Residue
This service is offered primarily to municipalities and regional municipal counties (RMC) wishing to offer their citizens collection and management of household hazardous waste (HHW) services for waste generated in their respective territories.
Large companies wishing to contribute to the protection of the environment by offering such a service to their employees, are also among our customers. HHW's are divided and packaged in "labpacks" at a collection site setup by CRI Environment Inc., where citizens are invited to bring their items.
Types of product accepted during an HHW collection:
- Household and car batteries
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Waste oil
- Acids and bases
- Propane cylinders, etc.
Service features of CRI Environnement Inc.:
- Experienced technicians for HHW management, authorized to perform each step safely, from their segregation at the site until the consolidation at the management center.
- Organizing the logistics of the operation so that it runs efficiently and safely.
- Weighing and codification of the various HHW's on site under the supervision of a chemist and a representative of the municipality.
- Recycling of paints.
- Recycling of metal containers.
- Valorization of waste oil for energy use.
- Safe disposal of drugs, reagents, poisons, etc.