CRI Environnement Inc. operates a waste management center for hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
Founded in 1995 by Yves Lalonde, a manager active for over 30 years in the environmental field, CRI Environnement Inc. operates a hazardous waste transfer center accredited by the Quebec Ministry of Environment.
Its unique and innovative know-how in applying the 3RVE concept (Reduce, Reuse, Recover, Recycle, Valorize and / or Eliminate hazardous waste) makes CRI Environnement Inc. a company which is resolute concerning sustainable development. It distinguishes itself in the application of economical and environmental solutions for hazardous waste generators. The main activity of the company is the storage, segregation and consolidation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials, so as to forward them to recycling, incineration or secure landfill.
With over 23 years of experience in the field of non-hazardous waste material management and an excellent market knowledge, CRI offers suitable and tailored services to the problem of waste disposal.
CRI Environnement Inc. offers pharmaceutical and cosmetics manufacturers and distributors of various equipment, the complete management of non-hazardous waste, from collection to processing.
CRI recycles or destroys all products that are expired, rejected or removed from the marketplace, such as perfumes, paints, hardware, neon lights, ballasts, batteries, metal and plastic drums, wood pallets, glass, aluminum and store returns (mowers, edgers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc.).
- Disposal of hazardous waste (bulk, drum)
- Consolidation of hazardous materials in small containers (labpacks)
- Destruction of expired products (pharmaceuticals, chemicals, cosmetics, etc.)
- Environmental Analysis Laboratory
- Decontamination of equipment (drums, trucks, railcars)
- Destruction of aerosol containers
- Collection of hazardous household waste (HHW)
- Option to receive and send by rail via Canadian National
- Treatment of industrial wastewater
- Shredding of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Contaminated soil management
CRI Environnement Inc. is a private environmental management company authorized by the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment, and Fight against Climate Change (MDDELCC) and operates a laboratory accredited by the environmental expertise center of the MDDELCC.
For any request for information
- Site: area of 11.5 acres
- Transfer Centre: 2787 square meters
- Outdoor storage: 1 465 square meters
- Offices: 204 square meters
- Waste management: 930 square meters
- Laboratory: 106 square meters
- Maintenance workshop: 535 square meters
- Water treatment plant: 700 square meters
- Aerosols management: 850 square meters
Maximum storage capacity
- 3,600 tonnes of liquid waste
- 600,000 kg of solid waste
- 2600 205-litre barrels or equivalent in containers of various sizes
Certifications and permits
CRI Environnement Inc. is also committed to comply with all the provisions prescribed by the following laws and regulations.
List of laws and regulations:
- Hazardous Waste Regulations
- Environmental Quality Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Act respecting labour standards
- Canadian Environmental Quality Act
- Canada's Clean Air and Climate Change Act
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- PCB (Polychlorinated Biphenyl) Regulations
- Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
LIST OF PERMITS & CERTIFICATES:
Permit to operate a hazardous waste transfer center:
Accreditation certificate for an environmental analysis laboratory:
Internal safety inspection
Each month, a complete inspection of the entire plant is carried out without prior notice. The major points of non-compliance are identified and reported to managers so as to remedy the problems encountered.
External compliance monitoring (laboratory)
Every two years, the staff of the center of expertise in environmental analysis of the MDDELCC (Ministry of Environment) conducts a comprehensive audit of the laboratory according to the ISO 17025 guidelines.
Inspection and monitoring
The transfer center conducts inspections and controls of all its facilities according to a specified schedule for each of them.
Internal compliance monitoring (laboratory)
Each year, the laboratory's activities are evaluated as a function of new needs and directions for the laboratory and the transfer center.
A full inspection of the transfer center is carried out by an inspector of the MDDELCC (Ministry of Environment). They verify compliance of the facilities and the management of hazardous waste with the certificate of authorization and the operating permit.