This service is provided mainly to businesses generating volumes of wastewater with organic products (oil, latex, phenols, etc.) or inorganic products (acids, bases, heavy metals, etc.)
These can be from industrial processes or recovered from fires, spills in waterways, site restoration, infiltration in underground networks, etc. They are recovered using vacuum trucks or sent by trailer truck for drums or "tote tanks", either as part of a comprehensive management contract or an agreement limited exclusively to their treatment.
Service features of CRI Environnement Inc.:
- A treatment plant of the latest generation capable of receiving waters displaying a pH between 2 and 12.5, containing hydrocarbons, suspended solids, phenols, heavy metals, etc.
- Reducing the contaminantion level to obtain a water that meets the standards of the municipal sewer system, a process resulting in the shipment of a fraction of the original volumes to a disposal plant.
- Transport capacity and analysis in an accredited laboratory.
Steps representing the management of wasterwater:
- Sampling or reception of a safety data sheet of the product.
- Analysis and identification of the water by the analytical services of CRI Environnement.
- Determination of a management code and costs corresponding to the level of wastewater
- Transportation of the wastewater to our facilities at Coteau-du-Lac.
- Testing and comparison of parameters based on the analysis originally carried out or the safety data sheet.
- Acceptance of the water if the parameters match.
- Weighing of the bulk load of water, tote or drum.
- Unloading of the water and preparation of a reception report.
- Precipitation of the metals through the use of reagents, pH control and the addition of chemicals and polymers that cause flocculation.
- Extraction of the residual oil and suspended particles by flotation, using the dissolved air flotation process
- Increase the dryness of the sludge by means of a filter press capable of passing the latter from a percent solid of 3% to about 50%.
- Release of the treated water to the sewage system and shipping of the sludge to accredited sites for safe disposal.
- Cleaning, decantation of solids and coalescence of oil droplets.